Friday, July 2, 2010

4th Birthday Party Recap: The mostly Photo Version

Mattie's party with her friends was on a Saturday. In order to prepare for this day, I spent the week prior making lists, crossing things of said lists and going a bit crazy.

One day I made the "thank you" gift bags for her friends to take home. Another day (or several) I went shopping for food, decor, etc. The day before the party I had my friend Nikelle come help me with the treats we would be serving. Mattie's chosen treats were Hello Kitty cake pops and rainbow chip (thank you Betty Crocker) cupcakes with hot pink frosting. Both were a huge hit! Especially the marshmallow fondant (who knew there was such a thing?) flowers on the cupcakes.

Before we served the treats, the kids made cereal necklaces, opened presents, jumped in the bounce house and slid down the huge slide. I skipped Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty (GREAT idea guys!) because the kids just wanted to go outside. Lunch, after all the playing, was pigs in a blanket, veggie sticks with ranch dip, chips and strawberry lemonade. It was so easy and the kids loved it!

Do you remember me talking about how I felt about my daughter turning 4 or about my first stages of planning? Those links will provide a refresher. Also, do you remember Leslie Malone winning my Bake Life Sweeter giveaway provided by Betty Crocker through MyBlogSpark? Click around and interact with some great sites.

Now, onto the SHOW...

The product (cake mix and frosting), AMAZING prize pack (Flip camera and $100 Amex gift card), information, and giveaway (congrats to Leslie!) have all been provided by Betty Crocker through MyBlogSpark.
 

my very simple decor 
(there are splashes of Hello Kitty you can't see from here)

"thank you" bags for the kids

The Pre-Party Bake Fest - thank you to Betty Crocker for the cake mixes and the frosting for the cake pops.

crumbled Betty Crocker strawberry cake

crumbled cake mixed with Betty Crocker vanilla frosting and shaped into flat ovals

one lonely kitty, many to go

this is both a "before" and "after" of the dipping. it was a harrowing experience.

aren't they darling?! i tied them with pink ribbon.

this was my first attempt at frosting the cupcakes - not bad!

these are the marshmallow fondant flowers

the finished product. aren't they so cute?! they even matched the Hello Kitty cake pops!

THE Party - thank you Betty Crocker and MyBlogSpark for the camera!


here are the kids taking off their shoes and RUNNING for the bounce house/slide

this bounce house the best thing we could have done! the best part? it was free! 
(Mattie is climbing the ladder)

All in all, it was a wonderfully memorable weekend! Can't wait for next year!

Earn Money With Your Blog