Monday, September 20, 2010

What's A Mom To Do?


I quietly opened the bedroom door of my "napping" girls.

Me: What are you doing?! Why are you standing on the table?

Zoe: I don't know.

Me: You don't know? You just magically flew up there?

Zoe: silence.

Me: Climb down. Zoe get on your bed please. Mattie go lay on Uncle Sam's bed.

Zoe: still silent

(I promptly removed said table and its chairs from the room)

Me: Mattie, why was Zoe standing on the table? What were you guys doing?

Mattie: We were playing a "I'm a dude".

Me: "I'm a dude"? What exactly is that?

Mattie: It's when you climb on the table and JUMP to your bed and say "I'm a dude!"

Me: Where did you get this idea?

Mattie: Me. From in my head.

Me: So, you jumped on your bed?

Mattie: silent nod yes.

(I promptly remove brand new bedspreads. Previously promised punishment for jumping on the bed one more time.)

Where do kids come up with this stuff? What are appropriate consequences for 4 year old children? My well is dry.

(top photo courtesy of stock.xchng)

Earn Money With Your Blog