Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spiritually Prepared



There has been a lot of talk around the internet regarding blogging and spirituality. Do they go together? If so, how do you gracefully and respectfully express yourself? And finally, do you even bother being graceful and respectful? I mean, it is MY blog, right? Anyway, these are the thoughts trotting through my mind today.

Interesting that this has been on my mind, because I also received a very timely quote today.

"Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to
return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. In order for us to be
tested, we must face challenges and difficulties. These can break us, and
the surface of our souls may crack and crumble—that is, if our foundations
of faith, our testimonies of truth are not deeply embedded within us."
 
-- Thomas S. Monson,"Being Spiritually Prepared"

Honestly? If I had known the struggles I am facing today were coming up, if I had been given advance notice (if only), I would have done a few things differently. I would have saved my money better. I would have stayed closer to a dear friend who no longer talks to me. I would have followed my gut instinct more often. I would have not purchased my green car. I would have eaten less fast food and more apples and celery. I would have... I would have... I would have...

However, after reading President Monson's words, I can see that I'm not supposed to get advance notice. I'm supposed to navigate these difficult times by trusting the Lord and having faith that He, indeed, is in charge. DAILY, I remind myself that as long as I am doing my best, the Lord will make up the difference. He knows my heart and my desires. All will be as it should.

In the mean time...

"Come what may and love it!"

Earn Money With Your Blog