Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Joy.


the emotion of great delight or happiness 
caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; 
keen pleasure; elation

What brings YOU joy?
Not just at this joyful time of year, but all year through.


What brings ME joy?
Going by the definition I gave above,
the exceptionally good or satisfying things in my life are:


My knowledge that God is my Heavenly Father and that his Son, Jesus Christ, is my Savior.
The words from my favorite Christmas carol, O Holy Night, say it beautifully.
O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining.
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
Till he appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh hear the angel voices!
Oh night divine! Oh night when Christ was born!
Oh night divine! Oh night! Oh night divine!

The hope that comes from the knowledge that my family, your family, can be together forever.

My sweet husband and daughter. 
The joy these two bring me is something that can't be put into words.

The beauty of the Earth.

Reading a good book. I recommend this one to you. It is a daily read for me.

Hearing beautiful music fills my soul. That might be one of the main reasons I love Christmas. And Easter. And the 4th of July. And even Thanksgiving. The music is inspiring!

My strong, although overweight, body. I am healthy. My body does what I want it to, when I want it to. No major injuries or diseases. What a blessing!
Now, pass me the peppermint bark from Costco!

So, as I asked above, what brings YOU joy? What fills your soul and is exceptionally good or satisfying in your life?
Please share!
Let's inspire each other!





For a free Christmas movie, one that brings me JOY, click here. Consider it my gift to you. Merry Christmas.

Earn Money With Your Blog