Friday, December 11, 2009

The Best Christmas Ever.



Do you remember your best Christmas ever? I can't quite put my finger on just one.

I remember one year, while living in Mukilteo, Washington (one of my favorite places on the planet), that it had snowed all night. When we opened the curtains Christmas morning, the ground was covered with a deep, beautiful blanket of snow. We opened our presents with that as our backdrop, it was delightful.

Another year I remember well, was the year I left to serve a mission for my church. I had been in the MTC for 3 weeks when Christmas came. My brother was there along with 1 of my very best friends. It was a wonderful day full of stories of Christ and no thought for myself.

Then there was my first Christmas with my husband (7 years ago). Or the first Christmas with my daughter (4 years ago). The first Christmas in our house - not our apartment (last year).

It's too hard for me to choose just one!

I would love to hear your stories. When was your best Christmas ever? What made it the best? And while you are thinking about it, read the wonderful quote below.


"Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit. Enemies
are forgiven, friends remembered, and God obeyed. The spirit of Christmas
illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the
world’s busy life and become more interested in people than things. To
catch the real meaning of the “spirit of Christmas,” we need only drop the
last syllable, and it becomes the “Spirit of Christ."

-- Thomas S. Monson,"The Best Christmas Ever"



Earn Money With Your Blog