Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Borrowing from Peter to Pay Paul

Do any of you out there in cyberspace play this game? It's the one where your paycheck never quite covers everything you need it to so you "borrow from Peter to pay Paul". I have moved my way up to the expert level of this game. I really can't complain because my husband works his tail off, so we make do with what we have.

The best part is that just when I think we have reached the bottom something (or someone) "gives". Maybe a bill is less then I budgeted for or somebody who owes us money decides to pay us back just in the nick of time. It's always subtle, but the Lord comes through every time! At the end of the day I have to fall to my knees and thank Him again for meeting our needs, not always our wants, but always our needs.

I also remind myself that others have it much worse than I do. I'm not starving. I'm not without clothes. I have an adequate roof over my head. I have a hard working husband with boundless potential. I also have the most generous parents and in-laws. Others certainly have it worse then I do...

Earn Money With Your Blog