Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Repost: Where Were You?

Post Edit: This is a repost from 
September 11th, 2009. Please enjoy.

Where were you on September 11th, 2001 when the Twin Tours, the Pentagon and Flight 93 were struck by terrorists?

I was in my driveway trying to get my car to start so I could go to work. I was late. Again.

When I ran back into my house to ask my dad (yes, I was in mid-twenties living with my parents) to drive me to work, I noticed the T.V. was on, but no one was watching. Then I saw it. My jaw hung in disbelief. I called out, "Dad! Have you seen this?". At the time, my dad spent a lot of his time working in NYC. In that building even. He could have been there, but wasn't. Many of his friends and colleagues were killed that day.

My dad no longer works for that company, however, today he dressed in a suit. Put his special remembrance pin on his lapel and left for work with tears in his eyes.

It doesn't matter that it happened 8 years ago. The tragedy of it is still fresh.

I will never forget.



I will always honor those who are daily putting their life on the line to protect me and my family. There aren't words to express how I feel in my heart. There isn't enough gratitude.

Earn Money With Your Blog