Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Daily Shred


 One of my favorite gifts this Christmas was my 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels (thank you mom!). I have used it off and on since Christmas, but nothing consistent.

As of yesterday (February 8th), I officially began my 30 days.

Matt took pictures for me and many varying measurements. I'm not brave enough to post them yet. It's not pretty. Do you ever look at a picture of yourself and in a moment see all of the choices you have made (good and bad) flash before your eyes? That's how I feel when I see those pictures and measurements.

Right now I am on Level 1. It's a good work-out. In 20 minutes you get 3 circuits of cardio, strength training and ab work. So far, the ab work is tough, but I can see needing more in the future. I guess that's why there are 3 levels possible on the DVD!

So, yesterday was a good day. I felt good. I got a lot done. The exercise made a diffrence!

Today has also been a good day. I exercised first thing and felt good getting it done. Mattie and I went to the library for Preschool Story Time and ran an errand or two. It also feels good using your time wisely in a day.

As much as I dislike getting up for it, exercising first thing is a good way to start the day. I am also very likely to not do it if I wait.

I am working on balancing my food intake. I am trying to have protein, "slow carbs" and "fast carbs" at each meal or snack. This also includes cutting out the white flour and most sugar. So far so good.


Earn Money With Your Blog