Friday, February 12, 2010

The 2010 Olympics



I
L-O-V-E
the Olympics.

No matter the season, I watch
everything I can get my eyes.

After the death of Nodar Kumaritaashvili this morning,
the games feel all the more nostalgic for me. That poor
young man. His poor family. He got up today feeling like
it was the first day of the rest of his life. Who knew it would
end so horrifically.

In spite of the sadness that has enveloped the Opening Ceremonies,
there is so much to be excited about and to look forward to.

I love the ice skating. All the skiing events are amazing. Hockey.
Luge. Skeleton. I really love all of it.

The Opening Ceremony always fills my heart with pride
for my country. For the freedom that has been protected
generation after generation.

I have a cousin preparing to go to Afghanistan. Tonight I
think if him. And all the other military men and women.
As a country, we have so much to be grateful for.

Enjoy the Olympics!
Immerse yourself in the pride, awe, and talent that
the Olympics are known for.

I can't wait!

Earn Money With Your Blog