Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wild Thing

I have always loved to read. Growing-up, my mom would read aloud to me and my brothers. Every road trip included my mom reading something fun and exciting to us. Even my dad would get into it! Each Christmas she would pull out The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson and read it to us during the month of December. Many of my favorite family memories include books and reading.

For the next week I am going to highlight what I am currently reading and what some of my all time favorite books are.

Today's book is one I have loved my entire life. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. This is a fantastically creative and brilliant author who brought to life the active imagination of children. What child couldn't relate to Max and his punishment of being sent to his room for not eating his dinner? I do the same thing my daughter!

Now this wonderful book has been produced into a movie. I am torn by this revelation. Will the movie measure up to what I have in my mind and the images illustrated in the original 1963 book? Hard to say, but the trailer looks pretty amazing.

Take a look.



"Inside all of us is a WILD THING."




Earn Money With Your Blog