Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bless Our Happy Home



I have always been somewhat of a homebody. Home is a place I enjoy being. I like the people there. I like my stuff. I like how it feels. I like how it smells (usually-I need to win some Scentsy!). Interestingly, traveling is one of my favorite things to do, so I'm not completely a homebody, but when it comes to my day to day activities, you will find me here.

Maybe that's why I loved this quote so much. I strive to create a place that people like to be. A place that feels welcoming, calming, fun and homey. A place my family wants to call home.

What do you do to create a home that is a place you, your family and your friends like to be?

"A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. The thoughts we think, the deeds we do, the lives we live not only influence the success of our earthly journey, they also mark the way to our eternal goals."

-- President Thomas S. Monson,"Heavenly Homes, Forever Families"


Earn Money With Your Blog