Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Orange Julius


I work with the youth in my church. On Tuesday nights we gather for fun and enriching activities. Tonight we had a Progressive "Breakfast" and talked about the importance of gaining knowledge in order to become a refined, interesting, and well-rounded person. There are three of us leaders so we each took a "leg" of the breakfast. We started at my place with smoothies.

I really, REALLY, REALLY love smoothies. We have them a lot. Maybe not as much as these guys, but a lot none the less. So, back to tonight. I decided to do my version of an "orange julius" for our smoothie. Oh boy, was it yummy! When I got home I had to make another round for my family. Here is the SIMPLE recipe:

6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup powdered sugar (some people like using 1/2 cup-too sweet for me)
1 tsp vanilla
8 ice cubes (I add as many as I need till it's my desired consistency)

1. Combine all ingredients, except the ice cubes, in blender.
2. Blend 1-2 minutes, adding ice one (a bit) at a time, until smooth.
3. Poor in your desired, festive, smoothie glass, pop in a straw and you are ready to go!
Please, go now and make this. I will stay here and wait for you... (insert jeopardy theme song)

Did you make it? Did you like it? I must know what you thought of it!

My young women thought it was "awesome!" and that's good enough for me. Everyone knows 12-18 year olds are tough crowd to please.

Anyway, after my place we walked to the 2nd house where we had fruit and a divine dip of cream cheese mixed with brown sugar. So simple and yet SO delicious. Please, go and try the fruit dip also. At the 3rd and final house we had crepes filled with all sorts of yumminess like raspberries, cherries, whipped cream and powdered sugar..

For the "educational" part of the evening, as I mentioned earlier, we talked about the importance of gaining knowledge in order to become a refined, interesting, and well-rounded person. At each house we shared a message. At the final house we also had a small survey asking the girls what they want to be when they "grow-up" and few other questions. Our plan is to use the info they gave us to arrange some fun and different activities for the month of September as we focus on Knowledge. It was a fantastic evening, although it went longer then planned.

How did you spend your Tuesday night?!

Earn Money With Your Blog