Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hold on. Keep Trying.






I thoroughly enjoy the every-day-ness of motherhood and wifehood.The sweet and groggy good mornings. The quiet breakfasts of scrambled eggs or strawberry peach smoothies and whole wheat toast. The excitement of running through the sprinklers and catching sprinkles in our plastic cups. The wonder of bubble blowing (how do children never tire of it?). The monotony of changing laundry over and folding it when it's dry (although not my favorite part). The weekly planning and shopping for our meals. The peaceful evenings with just me and my hubby at the end of a busy day. I enjoy ALL of it.

Maybe starting on this journey later in life (so to speak) has made the difference. Having a chance to live my own life before joining mine with another's was the right path for me. My perspective on this life I have happily chosen is clear. I have a divine purpose and I work every day to fulfill it.


The world, however, doesn't always see eye to eye with my purpose. The last nine moths have been very difficult for my little family. We have made it because of the generosity of friends, neighbors, family and especially mine and Matt's parents. Our spirits have been humbled immensely and we have had to learn to truly rely on the arm of the Lord.
I find it interesting that it took a time in life, such as this, for me to fully understand what that means. My mission came close, but life now has defined it for me. And, as difficult as things have been, we have also learned to find joy and happiness in simplicity. I hope to always keep that lesson with me.

When I read the quote below from Jeffrey R. Holland I felt like pulling up my boot straps and getting back to work. Back to the work of being a temple attending, church going, family history doing, scripture reading, prayer offering, joyfully living daughter of God. There is light at the end of this long, dark tunnel we are in! That light is Jesus Christ.


And with that, I will hold on and enjoy another day.




"There is help. There is happiness. There really is light at the end of the tunnel. It is the Light of the World, the Bright and Morning Star, the “light that is endless, that can never be darkened.” It is the very Son of God Himself. It is the return of hope, and Jesus is the Sun. To any who may be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His “more excellent ministry” with a future of “better promises.” He is your “high priest of good things to come."

-- Jeffrey R. Holland,"An High Priest of Good Things to Come"

Earn Money With Your Blog