Monday, September 8, 2008

St. Johns 2008

In St. Johns, Arizona the 24th of July is as big as the 4th
every where else. There are rodeos, dances (3 to be exact),
the chili bean social (no to be confused with eating chili-these
are just beans), the steak fry and the ice cream social. There
is also a parade.

Well, this year we decided it was time we join the festivities.
Matt and had never been and he wanted the experience. He
also wanted to see what I had talked about for so many years.
I spent part of my childhood in St. johns and this place a part
of me. It's also where my grandparents live. Since they are
the only grandparents and great-grandparents we have left,
we try to visit when we can.

Not only are the town festivities a lot of fun, it's a great time
to catch-up with family. My family is scattered across
the country with some as far away as Florida, Georgia
and Missouri. Any chance to see them is priceless.

Earn Money With Your Blog