Friday, March 21, 2008

My thoughts on Easter...


Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It is uncomplicated, simple really. Dye your eggs (a tradition we are forgoing this year-Mattie and egg dye wouldn't go well together), throw some grass in a basket, toss in a few Reese's eggs, Cadbury mini eggs, bubbles, jelly bean filled plastic eggs and you've got it made! A new outfit is always in order (at least it is at our house). Generally it is something nice we can wear to church for our special Easter Sunday meetings.

This year a Polynesian choir from the area is coming to perform, I am very excited to hear them. They are very good and bring the Spirit with them as they sing. It will be a wonderful meeting.

As I close this week of postings I want to leave you with the tender feelings of my heart.
I really love Easter because of its focus on our Savior, Jesus Christ. My heart swells with joy as I sing the words of the hymn "He is Risen";

He is Risen! He is Risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days' prison;
Let the whole wide world rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory.
What a wonderful message and it beautifully describes how I feel. I DO want to "tell out it our with joyful voice"! I know Christ is our Savior and suffered for each of us that we too can live again.

I hope your Easter is filled with the love of God and joy in your soul for "He is Risen"!

Earn Money With Your Blog