Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Use this recipe to create many delicious dishes.
1 Sugar Pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half and scrape out all seeds and stringy fibers with a metal spoon.
3. Place the two halves in a roasting pan with 1 cup of water.
4. Bake the pumpkin until meltingly tender, about 90 minutes (depending on pumpkin size).
5. Scoop the flesh out of each pumpkin half.
6. Puree in a food processor.
7. Use in various recipes as needed. Be creative! Freezes well.
Tip: Pour the puree in a plastic wrap lined ice cube tray. Once frozen, place the cubes in a freezer safe, airtight bag or container. You can add this puree to so many of your favorite recipes, one cube at a time.
**You will want one of these. Trust me on this.