Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kindness is... A very big thing.

Over this past week, I have been exposed to a situation where kindness is not a big thing. In fact, anything but kindness is being used, said, expressed. It makes me sad. And it's not my place to say anything or be involved in any way. My place is on the sidelines, watching the unkindness. The worst part? It's someone I have called my friend for.... a very long time.

For Family Home Evening last night we watched the new video by Mark Mabry called Another Testament. I was so filled with the Love of Christ as I watched, that all I could do was wonder at the unkindness all around me. The unkindness that I display. I felt ashamed.

How do I treat my friends? And most important, how do I treat my beloved family? They are mine forever. No matter our differences, we are genetically bound. Nothing on this earth can change that. Shouldn't I be my best self toward them?

I am working on it...



"Kindness is the essence of greatness and the fundamental characteristic
of the noblest men and women I have known. Kindness is a passport that
opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships
that can last lifetimes...Kindness is the essence of a celestial life.
Kindness is how a Christlike person treats others. Kindness should permeate
all of our words and actions at work, at school, at church, and especially
in our homes."
 
-- Joseph B. Wirthlin,"The Virtue of Kindness"

Earn Money With Your Blog