Thursday, December 17, 2009

Prone to wander.


Photograph by Mark Mabry

Tonight I was able to attend a dinner and program for the women of my church.
The organization is called Relief Society.

It was a delicious dinner. And the program was lovely.
One sweet woman read a story called
I love this story and must own it. So should you. Go get one for yourself (see the link below).

Then there was some beautiful music performed and a video slide show of
The images were put to the song "Come Thou Fount", which is one of my very favorite hymns.

Listen...



The part of the song that always resonates with me is the last part.

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,

Prone to leave the God I love;

Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,

Seal it for Thy courts above.
Far too often I find myself "wandering" from the God I love.
Whether it's in the way I interact with my family, the way in which I fulfill my callings, or simply whether or not I am diligent with my scripture study and prayers. All of those things, when not sought after or acted upon, can lead me away from the God I love. And I echo the sentiment of offering my heart to the Lord, that He may take it and seal it His.
Hopefully in this act of sacrifice I can become better.
More humble. More lovable. More teachable.
That I will be found with a "pure heart and clean hands".

This year, more than any other, I have found myself hardly able to contain the joy I feel from the knowledge that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
That He has come! The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords!
I picture myself there. That I was an angel in the choir that sang at His birth. I was unable to contain my joy and rejoicing and sang with all my heart.
I believe I must have been there, because I feel the same way today.


Joy to the World!

(photograph by Mark Mabry)

(Here is one of my favorite chapters on having the Lord's image in my countenance. It's beautiful and inspiring.)



Earn Money With Your Blog