Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Looking Back - A Series. The Dotson Family Christmas Party





The first Saturday of December brought the Dotson Family Christmas Party (I like to say it like that because it reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas). This was the first of a new tradition! Every two years (the off year of the Dotson Family Thanksgiving) we will have a Christmas Party. My hope is that Matt and I can skip our turn hosting Thanksgiving and just be in charge of the Christmas party. I'll put it to a vote...


Anyway, the details...
For food we had everyone bring their family's favorite holiday treat-yummy (too bad our meatballs never thawed)! Then, instead of a gift exchange, we all brought gifts for a family and 2 other children who needed help with presents. It seemed to go over really well. For activities we had a cookie decorating table (messy), a children's Nativity (hilarious) and a sing-along (great fun). All three were a hit! I was especially touched when I got to see my brother-in-law so happy while leading the sing-along. It made my whole Christmas holiday! It was so nice to see so much of our family in one place at one time. It doesn't happen often enough. We were missing only one sister and a hand full of nieces and nephews. I can't complain!

Enjoy the show!

Earn Money With Your Blog